- Email: email@example.com
- IRC: andersju on freenode and EFnet
- GitHub: github.com/andersju
- Twitter: @ndrsju
- PGP key <4EB8 FD46 D0C6 F265 D20D BE6F 7E75 6B6A E1D4 530E>
I work as a systems developer at the National Library of Sweden.
I co-founded Dataskydd.net with Amelia Andersdotter. It’s a Swedish NGO working to promote data protection and privacy. My main project at the moment is Webbkoll, an online tool to analyze websites with regards to certain privacy-related aspects.
minorshadows.net has been my irregularly updated photo journal of sorts since 2008. It's powered by 1600pr.sh, a minimalist static photoblog generator I wrote.
I spent 2005–2006 studying photography at Kulturama in Stockholm, ran a darkroom with some friends for several years, and exhibited a couple of times.
For a while I took a whole lot of photos at gigs, and from 2005 I uploaded some of them to Wikimedia Commons, setting them free. Many of them have been in active use on Wikipedia for 10+ years now (e.g., Andrew Bird, Sonic Youth, Arcade Fire).
Notes & articles
- How to IRC like it’s 2017
- Interview with Dennis Ritchie (2003)
- Screenshots from developers & Unix people (2002)
- Screenshots from developers & Unix people: 2002 vs. 2015
- Tangentbord – en djupdykning ner i tangentbordens värld (2008, Swedish)
- Happy Hacking Keyboard Professional 2 (2010)
- Standalone power management in Linux (2012)
- Guide to programmatic node creation in Drupal 7 (2011)
- Updating nodes programmatically in Drupal 7 (2011)
- OpenBSD 4.8 on a ThinkPad X61s (2010)
- Présentation du Club d’utilisateurs Koha de Suède, Association KohaLa Symposium 2018, Paris, France, 2018-06-26.
- Privatliv och webben – att göra vad som krävs, Internetdagarna, Stockholm, Sweden, 2016-11-22.
- Privacy and the Web – are you doing what it takes?, NightlyBuild 2016, Cologne, Germany, 2016-09-02. With Amelia Andersdotter.
- Privacy and the Web – to boldly go where no one has gone before…, IFIP Summer School 2016, Karlstad, Sweden, 2016-08-22. With Amelia Andersdotter.
- Privacy and the Web – are you doing what it takes?, WordCamp Europe, Vienna, Austria, 2016-06-25. With Amelia Andersdotter.
- Privatliv och webben – att göra vad som krävs, Fripost, Gothenburg, Sweden, 2016-06-11. With Amelia Andersdotter.
- Unsafe Harbors: Data Protection Strikes Back, WordCamp Nuremberg, Germany, 2016-04-16. With Amelia Andersdotter.
- Unsafe Harbors: Data Protection Strikes Back, WordCamp Norway, Oslo, Norway, 2016-02-20. With Amelia Andersdotter.
- Data protection for websites made simple, FSCONS 2015, Gothenburg, Sweden, 2015-11-08. With Amelia Andersdotter.
- Data protection in web development made easy, DrupalCamp Baltics, Tallinn, Estonia, 2015-08-28. With Amelia Andersdotter.
- Dataskydd och rätten till självbestämmande, Stockholm Anarchist Book Fair, Stockholm, Sweden, 2015-08-22. With Amelia Andersdotter.
- Building Privacy-Friendly Websites, WordCamp Europe, Seville, Spain, 2015-06-27. With Amelia Andersdotter.
- Andersdotter, A., Jensen-Urstad, A., 2016. Evaluating Websites and Their Adherence to Data Protection Principles: Tools and Experiences. In Privacy and Identity Management. Facing up to Next Steps: 11th IFIP International Summer School, Revised Selected Papers, pp. 39-51. Springer International Publishing. Final publication.