- Email: email@example.com
- IRC: andersju on freenode and EFnet
- GitHub: github.com/andersju
- Twitter: @ndrsju
- PGP key <4EB8 FD46 D0C6 F265 D20D BE6F 7E75 6B6A E1D4 530E>
I co-founded Dataskydd.net with Amelia Andersdotter. It’s a Swedish NGO working to promote data protection and privacy. My main project at the moment is Webbkoll, an online tool to analyze websites with regards to certain privacy-related aspects.
I also do all the technical stuff for Världsbiblioteket, a small library in Stockholm, Sweden focused on non-Western literature. Världslitteratur.se is one of our websites. We were one of the first libraries in Sweden to switch to the free and open source library system Koha.
minorshadows.net has been my irregularly updated photo journal of sorts since 2008. It's powered by 1600pr.sh, a minimalist static photoblog generator I wrote.
I spent 2005–2006 studying photography at Kulturama in Stockholm, ran a darkroom with some friends for several years, and exhibited a couple of times.
For a while I took a whole lot of photos at gigs, and from 2005 I uploaded some of them to Wikimedia Commons, setting them free. Many of them have been in active use on Wikipedia for 10+ years now (e.g., Andrew Bird, Sonic Youth, Arcade Fire).
Notes & articles
- How to IRC like it’s 2017
- Interview with Dennis Ritchie (2003)
- Screenshots from developers & Unix people (2002)
- Screenshots from developers & Unix people: 2002 vs. 2015
- Tangentbord – en djupdykning ner i tangentbordens värld (2008, Swedish)
- Happy Hacking Keyboard Professional 2 (2010)
- Standalone power management in Linux (2012)
- Guide to programmatic node creation in Drupal 7 (2011)
- Updating nodes programmatically in Drupal 7 (2011)
- OpenBSD 4.8 on a ThinkPad X61s (2010)
- Présentation du Club d’utilisateurs Koha de Suède, Association KohaLa Symposium 2018, Paris, France, 2018-06-26.
- Privatliv och webben – att göra vad som krävs, Internetdagarna, Stockholm, Sweden, 2016-11-22.
- Privacy and the Web – are you doing what it takes?, NightlyBuild 2016, Cologne, Germany, 2016-09-02. With Amelia Andersdotter.
- Privacy and the Web – to boldly go where no one has gone before…, IFIP Summer School 2016, Karlstad, Sweden, 2016-08-22. With Amelia Andersdotter.
- Privacy and the Web – are you doing what it takes?, WordCamp Europe, Vienna, Austria, 2016-06-25. With Amelia Andersdotter.
- Privatliv och webben – att göra vad som krävs, Fripost, Gothenburg, Sweden, 2016-06-11. With Amelia Andersdotter.
- Unsafe Harbors: Data Protection Strikes Back, WordCamp Nuremberg, Germany, 2016-04-16. With Amelia Andersdotter.
- Unsafe Harbors: Data Protection Strikes Back, WordCamp Norway, Oslo, Norway, 2016-02-20. With Amelia Andersdotter.
- Data protection for websites made simple, FSCONS 2015, Gothenburg, Sweden, 2015-11-08. With Amelia Andersdotter.
- Data protection in web development made easy, DrupalCamp Baltics, Tallinn, Estonia, 2015-08-28. With Amelia Andersdotter.
- Dataskydd och rätten till självbestämmande, Stockholm Anarchist Book Fair, Stockholm, Sweden, 2015-08-22. With Amelia Andersdotter.
- Building Privacy-Friendly Websites, WordCamp Europe, Seville, Spain, 2015-06-27. With Amelia Andersdotter.
- Andersdotter, A., Jensen-Urstad, A., 2016. Evaluating Websites and Their Adherence to Data Protection Principles: Tools and Experiences. In Privacy and Identity Management. Facing up to Next Steps: 11th IFIP International Summer School, Revised Selected Papers, pp. 39-51. Springer International Publishing. Final publication.